Online applications are being accepted for the fully funded Korean Government Scholarship Program (KGSP) 2023–2024 from international students and researchers. The student will be able to pursue undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degrees at any university of their choice thanks to a scholarship from Korea. The goal of the Korean scholarship program is to promote goodwill between Korean and international citizens.
In this article, Mrpocu.com will give all the details you need for the Korean Government Scholarship Program (KGSP) 2023. Start scrolling as you plan to apply for the scholarship.
About Korean Government Scholarship Program
The goal of the Korean Government Scholarship program is to encourage international educational exchanges and friendly relations between nations by giving international students the chance to pursue advanced studies in undergraduate and graduate programs at higher educational institutions in the Republic of Korea.
Available Options in Universities
Undergraduate course: 4-year courses at designated universities.
NB: Transferring between universities is not allowed. (e.g. Starting studies at the junior year is not allowed.)
Graduate course: Master’s or PhD courses at general graduate schools of Korean universities
Number of Participants
220 undergraduate, 1,080 graduates students (subject to change with any change depending on budget)
Korean Government Scholarship Program Information
Period of Scholarship
- Bachelor’s Degree Program: 3~4 years
- 1 year of Korean language training + 4~6 years of degree program
Associate Degree Program: 3~4 years
- 1 year of Korean language training + 2~3 years of degree program
Important Notes regarding Scholarship Period
- Applicants who submitted TOPIK level 5 or 6 will be exempt from a Korean language program the following semester (September 2023)
Korean Government Scholarship Program Benefits
One of the most prestigious scholarships in the world, the Korean Government Scholarship 2023, not only pays for your tuition and airfare but also provides you with a stipend of 900,000 KRW and health insurance. One of the most prestigious scholarships in the world, the GKS Scholarship 2023, not only pays for your tuition and airfare but also provides you with a stipend of 900,000 KRW and health insurance.
Here are some of the benefits of the GKS Scholarship:
Both an applicant and his/her parents must be citizens of their country of origin.
Applicants should not hold Korean citizenship.
– Applicants should have adequate health, both mentally and physically, to stay in a foreign country for a long time.
– Should be under 25 years of age at the date of entrance. (Undergraduate)
– Should be under 40 years of age at the date of entrance. (Graduate)
– Have finished or be scheduled to finish formal education of all elementary, middle, high school courses by the date of arrival. (Undergraduate)
– Possess a grade point average (G.P.A.) above 80% from the last educational institution attended.
– Hold a Bachelor’s degree or a Master’s degree by the date of arrival. (Graduate)
Applicants who have previously achieved in any undergraduate program, master’s program, or doctoral program in Korea cannot apply for this program.
However, a Former or current KGSP scholar who hold the overall grade of 90% or above and have attained TOPIK level 5 or higher can reapply to this program once either through the embassy or university track.
How To Apply For Korean Government Scholarship Program 2023-2024
NIIED invites the Korean Embassy in the invited country or a domestic university to recommend potential candidates.
Applicants should submit all documents related to their scholarship application to the Korean Embassy in their country of residence to or the domestic university concerned.
The Korean Embassy or the domestic university sends proper candidates to NIIED with the required documents.
NIIED evaluates potential candidates and notifies the Korean Embassy of the final selected KGSP grantees.
Required Documents For Korean Scholarship Program 2023
Make the following set of documentation ready before submitting an application for the KGSP to prevent further delays in submitting your Korean Government Scholarship Application.
- Highest Degree Attained
- Transcripts of The Highest Degree
- Recommendation Letters From The Employers or The Professors
- Personal Statement Or Statement Of Purpose ( mandatory for only master and PhD degree applicants.
- A Study Plan Needs To Be Submitted By MS Students
- Research Proposal For PhD degree applications
- Motivational Letter ( for applicants of the bachelor’s program)
Korean Government Scholarship Program Application Deadline
The KGSP Scholarship application deadline is February 28, 2023. Additionally, each university and embassy in Korea has its own deadline. For information on the application deadline, it is best to get in touch with the Korean embassy in your nation. Visit the Korean government scholarship’s official website for application materials and other crucial information.
It is also best to read carefully all the important details online before you start your process.
This is the official website for the KGSP Scholarship.
Things to Remember
- Applicants can choose up to THREE different universities
- Applicants cannot choose three different departments from a single university
- Of the chosen universities, at least one university must be from Type B universities
- If applicants fill out a Type A university in a Type B section, their application may be excluded from the evaluation
- Applicants who hold a TOPIK level 3 or above will be given additional points (10% of the total allocated points)
- Direct descendants of Korean War veterans who participated in the Korean War as a foreign military will be given additional points (5% of the total allocated points)