A special chance to carry on your research at the most cutting-edge labs in the world is the OIST Internship in Japan in 2023. The top internship in Asia offers students the chance to develop their technical knowledge and take part in research projects at the Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology. The OIST research internship gives interns the ability to carry on their research under the guidance of some of the best supervisors in the world, which boosts their confidence and enhances certain methodologies. For the students who participate in the fully-funded internship in Japan, it also serves as a stepping stone to a more promising future.
All students, domestic and foreign, are invited to apply for an OIST internship if they are working on research projects with one of the greatest faculty in the world or in a relevant sector. The top faculty in the world, the OIST faculty, is also in charge of giving the interns the proper research projects. Projects like Integrative Community, Energy Units, Non-linear Equilibrium, Physics Units, Quantum Systems, Evolutionary Genomics, Fluid Mechanics, Computational Neuroscience, Biological Systems, and many others may be related to the research activity. The list of projects and the supervisors are provided in the links below. Each unit has a different supervisor. At OIST, you can become an intern without previously getting in touch with the supervisor.
OIST is a renowned science and technology institution. One of its academics discussed the future of AI research and how it would contribute to ground-breaking scientific discoveries in the most recent podcast. However, the institution only has research units and lacks departments, which gives it an edge and exclusivity. Most of the university’s faculty members are from countries other than Japan, including the United States, Australia, New Zealand, and Europe. In addition, OIST provides a five-year PhD program. It is noteworthy that new graduates must do a 2- to 6-month internship with OIST in order to continue in the PhD program there. Due to this, both recent graduates and students are eligible for an international internship.
OIST is dedicated to fostering an inclusive atmosphere. Because of this, the OSIT Japan internship does not discriminate against applicants based on their gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, culture, or religion. However, we strongly welcome applications from women and other underrepresented groups. Additionally, graduates who want to apply can do so by listing their courses and grades. In light of all these procedures and potential advantages, consider the OIST research internship in Japan. Don’t pass up the opportunity to apply. Mrpocu.com will give you all the details you need to know about the OIST internship.
Details About OIST Internship in Japan 2023
- Country: Japan
- Internship Duration: 10 to 12 weeks
- Financial Benefits: Fully Funded
- Eligible Countries: All Nationalities
- Available Fields: Multiple Fields
OIST Internship Research Areas
- Nonlinear and Non-equilibrium Physics
- Quantum Systems
- Evolutionary Genomics
- Fluid Mechanics
- Femtosecond Spectroscopy
- Computational Neuroscience
- Neural Computation
- Biodiversity and Biocomplexity
- Electronic and Quantum Magnetism
- Mathematics, Mechanics, and Materials
- Embodied Cognitive Science Unit
- Neural Coding and Brain Computing Unit
- Sensory and Behavioral Neuroscience
- Continuum Physics
- Igor Goryanin Biological Systems
- Theoretical Physics
- Immune Signalling
- Organic Optoelectronics
- Coordination Chemistry and Catalysis
- Membranology Unit
- Quantum Dynamics
- Membrane Cooperativity
- Protein Engineering and Evolution
- Genomics and Regulatory Systems Unit
- Information Processing Biology
- Developmental Neurobiology
- Ecology and Evolution
- Physics and Biology
- Marine Biophysics
- Quantum Gravity
- Light-Matter Interactions for Quantum Technologies
- Quantum Materials Science
- Biological Complexity
- Numerical simulations of laminar and turbulent complex flow.
- Marine Climate Change
- Plant Epigenetics
- Theory of Quantum Matter
- Quantum Wave Microscopy
- Cellular Biology
- Nonlinear Analysis Unit
- Representation Theory and Algebraic Combinatorics Unit
- Biological Physics Theory
- Experimental Quantum Information Physics
- Cellular and Molecular Synaptic Function
- Chemistry and Chemical Bioengineering
- Memory Research Unit
- Cognitive Neurorobotics
- Shocks, Solitons, and Turbulence Unit
- Gravity, Quantum Geometry and Field Theory
- Human Developmental Neurobiology
- Neuronal Rhythms in Movement
- Evolutionary Neurobiology Unit
- Neurobiology Research
- Molecular Cryo-Electron Microscopy
- Cell Signalling
- G0 Cell Unit
- Neuronal Mechanisms for the Critical Period
- Nucleic Acid Chemistry and Engineering
- Bioinspired Soft Matter
- Integrative Community Ecology Unit
Benefits of the OIST Internship in Japan 2023
- The intern will get a daily allowance of 2400 JPY, the weekends will be excluded and the allowance will be taxable.
- The interns will receive a free OIST shuttle bus pass.
- A fully-paid round trip air ticket will be provided.
- The interns will get fully furnished apartments on or off the campus.
- OIST will also assist in vis acquisitions, insurance procedures, and local registration.
Eligibility Criteria of the OIST Internship Program 2023
The Following Eligibility Criteria will be Consider for OIST Paid Internships Abroad.
- Students who are enrolled in a Graduate Degree program in Universities, Colleges, Junior colleges, & vocational schools.
- Students who are enrolled in an Undergraduate Degree program in universities, colleges, junior colleges, and vocational schools in Japan OR Overseas.
- Recent Graduates of such institutions are also eligible to apply.
- Currently, Enrolled students must have approval from their home institution. If you are currently a student, please confirm with your institution.
- Bachelor Year 3rd and 4th and Master Year 1st & 2nd students are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Interest
- A letter of Recommendation
- Academic Transcript
- ID Photo
You cannot submit an application more than once, and all information must be entered into the application form (provided below) at once. Once you have all of the aforementioned documents, please attach them and submit an online application for the program.
It is strongly advised for applicants who plan to import biological or hazardous materials for their research to confirm that their import complies with all applicable laws in their home country, any country of transit, and Japan. They should also complete all required paperwork for importation well in advance.
Successful applicants will receive access to comprehensive regulations covering payment, intellectual property rights, attendance, health and safety, and other issues.
How To Apply For OIST Internship
- Applications to the program must be made through the online form.
- You can only submit your application after at least one recommendation letter is received in the application system.
- You will receive an auto-notification that your application has been received. (Please check your settings to ensure you can receive emails from @oist.jp domain.)
- Following the application period, applications will be screened and selection will be completed.
- The result announcement will be posted on your application platform 3 months after the application deadline. You will receive a notification when the result is posted. (In some cases, applicants’ email services/settings prevent receipt of our notifications. Please confirm that your inbox is able to receive emails from @oist.jp domain.)
- Following final confirmation of internship offers, all necessary arrangements will be made, in cooperation with the interns. Your cooperation is required for timely completion of logistics to begin the internship, including possible visa preparations and other necessary Japanese government documentation.
Application Link: Apply
Visit the official website for more details