The 2023–2024 AAUW International Fellowships Program is a fully financed fellowship. The American Association of University Women, USA, is the organization providing this scholarship. All nations of the world have students studying abroad who are eligible to apply. Only graduate and postgraduate studies in any university-offered subject are eligible for this award. The AAUW Fellowship Program offers annual awards of $20,000 to $50,000, subject to renewal requirements.
Women who are neither citizens nor lawful permanent residents of the United States are eligible to apply for international fellowships from the American Association of University Women (AAUW) to pursue full-time study or research in the country. At approved institutions, graduate and postgraduate studies are supported.
The AAUW International Fellowships program gave out its first fellowship in 1917 with the original goal of giving Latin American women opportunities for graduate and postgraduate study in the United States. More than 3,600 women from more than 150 countries have received International Fellowships as a result of the program’s expansion to include women from all over the world.
If you are willing to start your undergraduate study in the USA, then you are on the right page. The AAUW Fellowship Program is currently open. In this post, Mrpocu.com will outline all you need to know about the Program, its application benefits, step-by-step application process and much more.
AAUW International Fellowships IN USA For Women
- Level of Study: Masters, Doctoral, Postdoctoral
- Institution(s): The American Association of University Women
- Study in: USA
- Deadline: November 15, 2022
- Program Period: Fellowship year: July 1, 2023–June 30, 2024
- Business and Finance Studies
- Computer Science& IT
- Creative Arts and Design
- Social Studies and Media
- Environmental Sciences
- General Sciences
- Health Studies
- Agriculture and Veterinary
- Applied and Pure Sciences
- Architecture& Construction
- Education and Training
- Mining and Oil & Gas Operations
- Travel and Hospitality
- Cultural and Critical Studies
- Regional Studies
- Religious Studies
- Film & Television
- Gender and women’s studies
- Global studies
AAUW Fellowships Scholarship Coverage
AAUW Fellowship provide the recipients with below benefits:
- Award Amounts:
- Master’s/first professional degree: $20,000
- Doctoral: $25,000
- Postdoctoral: $50,000
- International Fellowship funds are available for:-
- Educational expenses.
- Living expenses.
- Dependent child care.
- Travel to professional meetings, conferences, or seminars, as long as it does not exceed 10 per cent of the fellowship.
Eligibility Criteria for AAUW International Fellowships
To be eligible for AAUW Fellowship , applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: All world countries except USA
- Have citizenship in a country other than the U.S. or possession of a non immigrant visa if residing in the U.S. Women who are currently, or expect to be during the fellowship year, a U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident, or dual citizen with the U.S. and another country are not eligible.
- Hold an academic degree (earned in the U.S. or abroad) equivalent to a U.S. bachelor’s degree completed by November 15, 2022.
- Intend to devote herself full-time to the proposed academic plan during the fellowship year.
- Intend to return to her home country to pursue a professional career.
- Be proficient in English. Unless the applicant can verify that her native language is English (written statement required), that she received her secondary diploma or undergraduate degree from an English-speaking institution (transcript required), or that she will have completed one semester of full-time study in her discipline at an English-speaking college or university between November 2019 and November 2021 (transcript required), she must upload a recent ETS TOEFL* (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score. Institutional TOEFL scores and other English proficiency test scores (such as IELTS) will not be accepted. Minimum score acceptable: 550 for Paper-Based Test; 79 for Internet-Based Test ; 60 for Revised TOEFL Paper-Delivered Test.
- Master’s/first professional degree and doctoral applicants must have applied by November 15, 2022, to an accredited institution of study for the period of the fellowship year and must indicate the name of the institution in the International Fellowship application.
- Master’s/first professional degree fellowships are intended for master’s or professional degree-level programs such as J.D., M.F.A., L.L.M., M.Arch., or medical degrees such as M.D., D.D.S., etc.
- Doctoral fellowships are intended for doctorate degrees, such as Ph.D. or Ed.D.
- Postdoctoral applicants must provide proof of their doctorate degree; hold a doctorate classified as a research degree (e.g., Ph.D., Ed.D., D.B.A., D.M.) or an M.F.A. by November 15, 2021; and indicate where they will conduct their research.
- Master’s/first professional degree and doctoral applicants must be enrolled in a U.S. accredited institution located in the U.S. during the fellowship year.
- A limited number of awards are available to GWI members for study or research in any country other than their own. Note that foreign branches of U.S. institutions are considered outside of the U.S.
- Applicants must be conducting a full year of study or research. International Fellowships do not provide funding for a partial year of study or research. Programs ending prior to April of the fellowship year are not eligible.
- Master’s/first professional degree and doctoral fellowships support traditional classroom-based courses of study at colleges or universities. This fellowship program does not provide funding for distance learning or online programs or for degrees heavily dependent on distance-learning components. Final decisions about what constitutes distance learning under these fellowships will be made by AAUW.
How to Apply for AAUW International Fellowships?
Please follow below important steps to avail AAUW Fellowship:
- Prepare the following documents:
- Three recommenders who are professors or professional colleagues well acquainted with you, your work, and your academic background, in striving towards scholarly pursuits.m dossier services.
- Proof of highest degree.
- Proof of current enrollment (currently-enrolled applications only).
- Proof of bachelor’s degree.
- Proof of doctorate or M.F.A. degree (postdoctoral applicants only).
- Official report of TOEFL test scores or waiver request.
- Letter of admission.
- Pass the eligibility quiz to be reviewed by the selection panel.
- Complete the application then submit it.
To know more about AAUW Fellowship, please visit official website:
What is the AAUW fellowship?
AAUW American Fellowships support women researchers who are completing dissertations, performing full-time postdoctoral research, or preparing research for publication for eight weeks. Applicants must be citizens of or permanent residents of the United States.
What does the AAUW stand for?
The American Association of University Women (AAUW) is the nation’s foremost advocate for women’s and girls’ equality and education.
Is AAUW an international organization?
More than 3,500 women from more than 150 countries have received AAUW fellowships. We also collaborate closely with the United Nations and the US Department of State to enhance women’s rights around the world.
How many members are in the AAUW?
AAUW is a community of more than 170,000 people standing strong for gender equity.