International students can now apply for the fully-funded German DAAD Scholarships for the class of 2023–2024 to study for free in German universities. The Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst (DAAD), usually known as DAAD Scholarships, provides international students from developing nations with the opportunity to study in Germany.
A fully financed award for international students is the DAAD Scholarship 2023–2024. This scholarship can be used to pursue a master’s or doctoral degree at a top German university. For graduates or doctoral candidates, DAAD scholarships will cover a monthly payment of 861 euros or 1,200 euros.
The sustained growth of their nations depends heavily on highly qualified individuals who are connected to international partners. The best assurance that there will be less poverty, greater education, and better health for everybody rests with them. The DAAD supports the professional development of specialists from developing and newly industrialized nations through its development-focused postgraduate study programs.
The scholarships give foreign graduates of all disciplines from developing and recently industrialized nations the opportunity to pursue a postgraduate or Master’s degree at a public or state-recognized German university, and in exceptional circumstances, a doctoral degree, and to earn a degree from a German university (Master’s/PhD).
Application Process for the 2023 DAAD Scholarship
Many international students are chosen to receive DAAD scholarships to attend German universities. Several degree programs, taught in both German and English, are available to students receiving DAAD scholarship assistance.
To be eligible to apply for the DAAD scholarship program, you must have at least two years of professional experience. The length of the course that must be completed in order to be eligible for a DAAD scholarship must be greater than 12 months but less than 36 months.
DAAD Scholarship 2023 Summary
- Level of Study: Doctoral (PhD) / Masters
- Institution: DAAD
- Study in: Germany
- Courses Offered:
- Economic Sciences, Law
- Agricultural and Forest Sciences
- Art, Design
- Engineering and Natural Sciences
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Language and Cultural Studies
- Mathematics, Natural Sciences
- Medicine, Health Sciences
- You can also see the complete list of available Postgraduate Courses.
- Program Period: Between 12 and 36 months depending on the length of the chosen study program.
- DAAD Scholarship Deadline: Depending on chosen study program; please check deadlines here.
DAAD Scholarship Coverage
If you are awarded one of the DAAD Scholarships in 2023, you will have the opportunity to attend some of Germany’s top colleges. In order to help them with the cost of living in Germany, the students will also receive a health insurance allowance, travel grants, and a monthly stipend. The following are some advantages that students receive from DAAD scholarships:
- Postgraduate students get 750 Euros as a monthly stipend.
- Students who come under the Doctoral degree enjoy a monthly stipend of 1000 Euros.
- The doctoral as well as the master’s degree program students insurance and wellbeing inclusion
- Some travel grants are provided to students who are in doctoral as well as master’s programs.
- Education is free in universities in Germany.
- Accommodation is completely free in the dorm provided by the university.
Eligibility Criteria for DAAD Scholarship 2023
To be eligible for DAAD Scholarship 2023 for Masters and PhD Germany, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Required Languages: English or German.
- For international programs, the language of instruction is English. You are usually required to submit an English language certificate e.g. TOEFL or IELTS.
- For other programs, the language of instruction is German. You are usually required to submit a German language certificate e.g. DSH or TestDaF.
- Eligible Countries: Click here for list of eligible developing countries.
- Candidates have a Bachelor degree (usually a four-year course) or Masters degree in an appropriate subject.
- Candidates have at least two years’ of professional experience.
- Candidates can prove their motivation is development-related and be expected to take on social responsibility and initiate and support processes of change in their personal and professional environment after their training/scholarship.
How to Apply for DAAD Scholarship 2023
To apply for DAAD Scholarship 2023 for Master’s and PhD in Germany please follow the following step-by-step application procedure:
You can apply for up to three courses. If applying to more than one course, please list courses in order of priority in the DAAD application forms (see 7. Choice of host university/institution in Germany) and do not change the priorities in the according application form!
Required Documents for DAAD Scholarship:
- Signed DAAD application form with current date
- Personally signed CV (please use the sample Europass form at http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/) with current date
- Personally signed Letter of Motivation (with reference to current occupation and choice of postgraduate programme(s), two pages maximum) with the current date.
IMPORTANT: When applying for more than one postgraduate course (maximum 3 courses), you have to submit one motivation letter explaining why you are applying for these specific courses and why you chose that priority.
- Letter of recommendation from your current employer; the letter must have letterhead, a signature and an official stamp and must be of the current date (not in a sealed envelope)
- Certificate(s) of Employment from the employer(s) that proof a minimum of two years of relevant working experience (after the bachelor’s degree) at the time of application and if possible, a guarantee of re-employment from your current employer upon returning home.
- Proof of Language Skills:
- English – IELTS or TOEFL (Note: The institutional TOEFL is not accepted)
- German – Required for courses taught in German
- Copies of Academic Degrees (certified translation if necessary)
- Copies of Academic Transcripts, incl. grading scale (certified translation if necessary)
- Applicants from the People’s Republic of China are asked to submit an APS Certificate with their application documents.
Note: Some courses may require additional documents. For detailed information, please see the relevant course description in the Brochure and on the respective websites. The complete applications have to be submitted in English or German to be considered.
Steps to Apply for DAAD Scholarships 2023
- Get the application form for the DAAD scholarship 2023 and fill it up with the asked credentials.
- Get the Europas Specimen form and make your CV which must be hand-signed.
- Along with the present occupation reference, the candidate needs to get a Motivation letter which should also be hand-signed.
- If the university asks for a Research proposal then provide it.
- You should also provide a Recommendation letter that you received from your previous university.
- Experience letter from the head under which you had been working.
- A letter of guarantee for re-employment after completing the studies and returning to the respective country (Not Mandatory).
- Proof of English proficiency. Tests scores that are accepted are as follows:-
*German Language: For programs carried out in German it’s an important requirement.
*IELTS: Check the website of each university to get the info regarding the band score requirement.
*TOEFL Institutional isn’t acknowledged.
- Search and apply for programs that you would like to undertake in Germany that come under the DAAD scholarship.
- After you have all the required documents mentioned above, we recommend you search for other extra documents that are required for the program that you are opting for.
- Universities may take the required documents either online through the postal service or both ways. Check for that on their website.
You can submit your application to the German universities as it is open now and you can also search for the DAAD Scholarship in these universities easily.
Make sure that you have a copy of each document of your application ready, as those documents (as PDF files) have to be uploaded to the DAAD Portal in case you are suggested for a DAAD scholarship.
Reason You Should Study In Germany
Why is Germany a fantastic place to study? Discover why Germany might be the ideal location for earning your degree abroad because it is located in the heart of Europe and has no tuition fees.
There are no tuition fees
While studying in Europe may have been your goal, you are concerned about how you would pay for your education. You may be best suited to Germany! Undergraduate education in Germany is free. You did read that correctly. You don’t have to pay fees or tuition even if you’re an overseas student because registration is free in Germany.
In fact, you may be selected to pursue a postgraduate degree that is also free at a German university after completing your undergraduate studies. Without paying tuition, you can save money for travel, study materials, socializing, and getting to know your surroundings.
In contrast to many other European nations, such as the United Kingdom, where international students can only be three months after graduation, Germany allows them to stay up to 18 months after graduation to look for employment. About 50% of international students are still living there in 2020, according to the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), demonstrating the desire and demand to continue living and working there after graduation.
Universities have strong connections with businesses, which gives them an advantage when looking for internships or jobs. The Times Higher Education’s Global Employability University Ranking shows that.
Germany features some of the top-ranked universities in Western Europe and is the most popular non-English-speaking study destination in the world. While many more universities are listed after 100 in the 2020 Times Higher Rankings, LMU Munich, Heidelberg University, and Humboldt University of Berlin are all ranked in the top 50.
The German government is also very committed to higher education, as evidenced by the high quality of its most modern facilities and instruction. Each year, state-funded research projects are carried out in Germany, allowing students to conduct original research and their own unique projects.
Quality of life
Undoubtedly, studying in Germany is a remarkable experience. The majority of major German cities, including Berlin, Munich, and Hamburg, are hubs for music, art, and culture. No matter what your hobbies are, there is so much to see and do that this is the ideal location for a curious international student.
You will discover your niche market and a group of people who share your interests, whether they are interested in sports, politics, history, or the arts. It has a robust economy and infrastructure, which makes it easier to move around because public transportation is dependable, safe, and quick. You may explore the stunning architecture, medieval castles, and parks during the day, and at night, take in the exciting nightlife in the major cities.
International multiculturalism and students both thrive in Germany. International students from all over the world are naturally drawn to the nation because so many university courses are taught in English and there are no tuition costs. More than 300,000 foreign students studied in the country in the previous academic year, and this number is anticipated to rise even further. Additionally, because of its central location in Western Europe, it is simple to travel to neighboring nations and explore their diverse cultures and interesting landmarks.